Join us for our 10th Annual Sustainability Leadership Awards to celebrate the businesses in the Hamilton, Halton, and Niagara region that are driving meaningful progress in sustainable initiatives and climate change.
Our 10th Annual Sustainability Leadership Awards will be a highlight to remember, where we will cover our organisational history and progress over the last 10 years and reflect on the challenges and successes of 2021. Through this event, we celebrate the projects and progress from 2021 that members of our Sustainability Leadership Program have achieved with the presentation of our Sustainability Leadership Awards. These local organisations are leading the way toward a more resilient, healthy and prosperous future for our communities while creating long-term success for themselves.
This year, the Sustainability Leadership Awards will be hosted on June 2nd, 2022 from 2:00pm to 5:30pm (ET) in person at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington, Ontario.
What To Expect
- Networking & Cocktail Hour (2:00-3:00pm)
- Excellent networking opportunities with like-minded individuals throughout the event
- Awards Ceremony (3:00-4:30pm)
- Opening remarks from key leaders
- Panel discussion with industry thought leaders on circular economy
- Sustainability Leadership Updates
- Presentation of the Sustainability Leadership Awards
- Unveiling of our Annual Impact Report
- Networking & Raffle Prizes (4:30-5:30pm)
- When you purchase your ticket to the Sustainability Leadership Awards, you will receive a free raffle ticket when you check in at the event. Additional raffle tickets are available for sale at the event.
Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.
Benefits of Attending
- Meet, network, and share knowledge with industry leaders and professionals who are making positive progress towards sustainable business operations.
- Learn how businesses are implementing sustainability projects, communicating their sustainability goals, and reporting their progress to customers and stakeholders for greatest impact.
- Discover the latest innovations in businesses within the Hamilton, Halton, and Niagara regions that are helping shift the paradigm.
- Be inspired and leave with actionable new ideas to catalyse your own initiatives and projects.
Alongside our members, the Sustainability Leadership Awards has reached 100-150 attendees in industries such as government, education, healthcare, conservation, utilities, construction & infrastructure, business services, and community organisations.
The event attracts:
Industry Executives and Managers
Network with highly-skilled and knowledgeable professionals that have the technical skills necessary to both navigate and thrive in today's workforce.
Meet and learn from individuals on corporate and government levels that have a strong focus on environmental advocacy and sustainable initiatives.
Connect with the groups that are bringing awareness and accelerating the transition to an effective and sustainable economy.
- Best Environmental Initiative
- Best Social Initiative
- Best Economic Initiative
- Best Sustainability Report
- Overall Sustainability Leadership Award
2022 Keynote Speaker
Manager, Circular Economy and Innovation, Solid Waste Management Services, City of Toronto
Meaghan Davis is the Manager of the City of Toronto's Circular Economy and Innovation unit and is working to advance Toronto's aspirational goals of zero waste and transitioning to a circular economy. Meaghan has proudly been part of many first-of-their kind projects for the City of Toronto, including the Baselining for a Circular Toronto circular city scan, the installation of circular and sustainably designed parklets on the King Street Transit Priority Corridor, and Toronto's first project to generate renewable natural gas from Green Bin organic waste, which is realizing closed-loop and low carbon outcomes for the waste system. She is currently leading the effort to develop the City's Circular Economy Road Map in support of a resilient, green, and prosperous future for Toronto. Prior to joining the City of Toronto, Meaghan worked for Urban Strategies, a global planning and urban design firm, and for a range of Toronto-based arts companies, including the international multi-arts festival, Luminato. Meaghan holds a Masters of Urban Planning from Ryerson University and a Bachelor of Arts from McGill University.
Position your organisation as an ally to business leaders who are making positive progress towards a healthier, sustainable and resilient local economy.
Our sponsors play a key role in the production and deliverance of the 10th Annual Sustainability Leadership Awards. Sponsorships give your organisation the opportunity to actively support your customer network and the communities in which you operate.
To help your organisation meet its unique marketing and sponsorship objectives, our sponsorship packages offer options to maximise your investment and effectively spread your social or environmental sustainability message.
As a sponsor, you have significant opportunities to:
If you have any sponsorship related questions, please email email@example.com.
The 10th Annual Sustainability Leadership Awards is a unique opportunity for professionals and industries to build exposure and reach a local audience that is making strides in the sustainability sector.
Whether your goal is to showcase your products or services to our audience, or align your brand in sustainability initiatives, the attendees at our Sustainability Leadership Awards are ready to connect and engage with the innovations and organisations in the social, economic, and environmental sector. As an exhibitor, you are able to:
- Meet and acquire valuable network suppliers, partners, and contacts
- Showcase your company’s industry expertise
- Introduce your initiatives to a knowledgeable audience
- Interact with current and potential customers, program members, and award winners
If you have any exhibitor related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sustainability Leadership Awards aims to bring together a wealth of knowledge and resources across the sector and beyond.
Thank you for sharing information about the 10th Annual Sustainability Leaderships Awards with your network. You can use the media kit shared below below to compose your promotional emails and social media posts.
As a thank you for sharing, please email email@example.com with your organisation's logo to be included under our promotional partners for this event.
Check back soon for access to the media kit!